Re: st: reference meta-analysis adjusted OR

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: reference meta-analysis adjusted OR
Date   Fri, 25 Oct 2013 13:54:40 -0400

Hi, Vinicius.

I can't give you a reference at present.  A meta-analysis of adjusted
odds ratios may face a fundamental challenge: if adjusted odds ratios
reported by individual studies have not been adjusted for the same set
of covariates (defined and measured in the same or closely similar
ways), then those adjusted odds ratios are generally not comparable.
I assume that an adjusted odds ratio comes from a logistic regression
model.  As in any regression model, the definition of the coefficient
of each predictor includes the list of other predictors in the model.
Thus, using different sets of covariates will produce adjusted odds
ratios whose definitions are different.

David Hoaglin