st: Use of Stata project manager to make backing up and sharing more efficient

From   Stephen Cranney <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Use of Stata project manager to make backing up and sharing more efficient
Date   Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:12:01 -0400

I'm trying to use the new Stata project function to more efficiently
back up and share my work without having to drag individual files
around. The manual wasn't terribly clear and I thought that, for
example, I could just drop my Stata project file into a Dropbox folder
to share it with my collaborators, but that doesn't appear to be
working. So the Stata project manager doesn't somehow internalize the
data and do files into one file that I can throw around, correct? I
still have to individually drop files into clouds or backups? I was
excited about the new project manager function because it seemed to
imply that I wouldn't have to do that anymore.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

--
Stephen Cranney