st: sem multiple correlations and factor weights

From   Dave Garson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: sem multiple correlations and factor weights
Date   Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:03:59 -0400

Thank you, Billy, but I am still looking for additional tips on my question.

1. Of course in referring to SPSS I was referring to Amos. In SAS I was referring to PROC CALIS, but those packages are only relevant as their output of multiple correlations and factor loadings (not scores or path weights) was what sparked my query.

2. I was familiar with estat framework, but this is only part of the multiple correlation output, albeit in unsquared form. The estat framework, standardized table gives multiple correlations (after squaring), but only for variables which are caused by and only caused by a single exogenous variable in the model. Other multiple correlations are not available in this output as far as I can see.

I realize this can be done in PCA/PFA, but in SAS and SPSS one does not need to go outside the sem environment. I think the answer is that these outputs are just not available in Stat sem, but I was checking.

Best to all,
Dave

On 9/25/2013 2:33 AM, statalist-digest wrote:
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 08:49:45 -0500
From: William Buchanan<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: st: sem multiple correlations and factor weights

Maybe you could be a bit more specific regarding what you are looking for.  SPSS, for example, does not fit SEM (although the AMOS program which extends SPSS does).  So SPSS and SAS have very different capacities in that respect.  If you are referring to PCA/PFA then that is altogether different.  If you want the variance covariance matrix after fitting an SEM in Stata then you can retrieve that from the stored matrices after the estimation.  Additionally, if you use -estat framework- after fitting the model you can retrieve the different matrices used in the estimation of the model:

webuse sem_mimic1, clear
sem (SubjSES -> s_income s_occpres s_socstat)(SubjSES <- income occpres)
estat framework // This will give you the covariances
estat framework, standardized  // This will give you the correlations (i.e., standardized covariances)

HTH,
Billy