st: Is it normal for some propensity scores to be missing?

From   Ricky Lim <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Is it normal for some propensity scores to be missing?
Date   Tue, 13 Aug 2013 08:52:23 +0100

Hi everyone!

I am new to propensity score matching.
I ran it on STATA with the command
"pscore event x1 x2 x3 x4 x5, pscore(myscore) blockid(myblock) comsup"
with a set of hospital data - to get the pscore for hospital "event".

However, I realise STATA did not produce pscore for some of the hospitals,
and seems like all of them also do not have block ID with common support = 0.

And if I run it without common support, their block ID will appear as 0.

I wonder why is this the case.
Does this mean that I will not be able use those without propensity
score as my counter factual?

Hope some of you will be able to give some advices.
Thank you very much in advanced!

Regards,
Keat