st: Stata 13 illustrative example data file

From   Sergiy Radyakin <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Stata 13 illustrative example data file
Date   Fri, 28 Jun 2013 00:41:48 -0400

Dear All,
can anybody having Stata 13 create a simple example file illustrating
features not present in Stata 12 (long strings) and send it to me so
that I can test my -use13- command? I am especially interested in
strF's (the new str245..str2045) variables.

I expect the following to suffice:
set obs 10
generate s1="abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
generate s2=s1*10
replace s2="" in 3
generate s3=s2 in 2/9
replace s3=s3*20 in 5/8