re: st: Propensity Score Matching command in Stata 13

From   "Weichle, Thomas" <>
To   <>
Subject   re: st: Propensity Score Matching command in Stata 13
Date   Wed, 26 Jun 2013 11:50:07 -0500

I was not able to find anything in the Stata 13 manual for the new
-teffects psmatch- command regarding matching with or without
replacement.  I find it to be an oversight to not allow matching without

It looks as though the new -teffects nnmatch- command for
nearest-neighbor matching uses the Mahalanobis distance.  However, I
didn't see this metric allowed in the -teffects psmatch- command as you

Tom Weichle
Math Statistician
VA Information Resource Center (VIReC)
Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital, Bldg 18, 202E
708-202-8387 ext. 24261