st: Esttab format question

From   "Perez, Victoria" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Esttab format question
Date   Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:58:42 +0000

I am trying to output summary tables from Stata to Latex. I need the number of observations in each category and the column percent. The problem is that the counts are large numbers and I need them presented with commas. I have tried a few different formats (%#.#gc, %#.#fc) nest to the respective stat (b) or as the option f(c 1p), but I keep getting an error that these are not valid formats/options. Is there a way to get commas included in the table?

estpost tab v1 v2

eststo e1

estpost tab v1 v2 if v3==1

eststo e2

estpost tab v1 v2 if v3==0

eststo e3

esttab e1 e2 e3 using tabletest.tex, cells("b(fmt(f)) colpct(fmt(1))") collabels("Count" "\%") replace nonum noobs