st: Propensity Score Matching command in Stata 13

From   "Weichle, Thomas" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Propensity Score Matching command in Stata 13
Date   Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:51:44 -0500

Hi Statalisters,
For those who have been implementing propensity score matching using the
user-written command -psmatch2- by Edwin Leuven and Barbara Sianesi for
some time, it should be comforting to know that it appears as though the
new Stata 13 command -teffects- (more specifically "-teffects psmatch-")
performs matching using -psmatch2-.  In the Acknowledgments section of
the Stata online manual (  "We
thank Edwin Leuven and Barbara Sianesi for their inspirational command
psmatch2, which computes several of the estimators in teffects and a few
more that we have not implemented.".

Although I am not yet working on Stata 13, I look forward to comparing
the use of -psmatch2- and the new Stata command -teffects psmatch-.
Other comments and discoveries are welcome.

Tom Weichle
Math Statistician
VA Information Resource Center (VIReC)
Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital, Bldg 18, 202E
708-202-8387 ext. 24261