st: creating a bar chart with overlayed symbols

From   "Data Analytics Corp." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: creating a bar chart with overlayed symbols
Date   Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:19:19 -0400

Hi,

Suppose I have a small data set with four variables:

    att -- product attributes of a consumer product as character strings
    pct -- percent of consumers rating the importance of the attributes
comp1 -- consumer performance rating (in percent) of competitor 1 on each attribute
    comp2 -- like comp1 but for competitor 2

I'd like to create a simple horizontal bar chart of pct by categories att (no problem with this -- I know how to do it), but have symbols overlayed on each bar for comp1 and comp2. The symbols should be a triangle for comp1 and a square for comp2. How do I overlay symbols on each bar? Basically, the bars show how important each attribute is to consumers and the symbols how the competition performs on each attribute. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Walt

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.
Data Analytics Corp.