Re: st: estimated dependent variable with xtmixed

From   Jeph Herrin <>
Subject   Re: st: estimated dependent variable with xtmixed
Date   Thu, 20 Jun 2013 20:33:31 -0400

Unfortunately, xtmixed does not support these kind of weights. This model is called "V-known" and the only way I have found to estimate it is to use the software package HLM. I have heard that this model is equivalent to putting SE(Y) in the model as a covariate, but I haven't been able to convince myself of that.