Re: st: Mata buffered read 64-bit integer (8 byte/int64), how?

From   Stas Kolenikov <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Mata buffered read 64-bit integer (8 byte/int64), how?
Date   Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:48:04 -0500

You can probably define the -struct-ure that could store such strings,
and convert them into numbers for arithmetic operations. Bill Gould
may have had an article on this in Stata Journal -- the generic use of
structures is described in Coding
matrix multiplication with these elements will quickly become an
overkill :-\.

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (SSC)
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer