st: Re: Variable Label Display

From   "Dudekula, Anwar" <dudekulaan@upmc.edu>
Subject   st: Re: Variable Label Display
Date   Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:47:38 +0000

Hi Statalisters,

I apologize: my question will be  a silly one  to many experienced stata users in the forum(but didn't find it in prior posts).  I am working with a relatively large data set (a subset of variables are  named  HE1 to HE160, for convenience sake (renaming, reshaping and looping))  and all  variables are labelled. Is it possible to display variable label instead of variable name in data editor(browse OR edit view).The values  of a variable can be labelled and displayed(or hidden) with relative ease.

cheers
Anwar