Re: st: Heckman Procedure

From   Annie Zhang <annieclairezhang@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Heckman Procedure
Date   Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:33:13 +1200

Hi Sergiy,

Thanks so much for your reply. I don't have an instrument variable for
the fa (financial advice) variable.
The issue is that:

Age, gender, wealth affects probability of receiving financial advice.
Financial advice affects asset allocation (variable- cash).

Therefore I need to correct for self-selection bias that receiving
advice may have on asset allocation, given then certain age, gender,
wealth affect probability of receiving advice.

My main multivariate regression is:

reg cash fa age sex logfum

so I wanted to run heckman to correct for self-selection bias using:

Heckman cash fa age sex logfum, select(fa=age sex logfum) twostep

Since fa is being dropped, can you suggest anyway to run heckman that
will work in my situation?

Thank you so very much!!

Kind Regards,
Annie