st: Heckman Procedure

From   Annie Zhang <>
Subject   st: Heckman Procedure
Date   Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:05:45 +1200

Hi there,

When using the heckman procedure I want to use the independent
variable in the first stage as well as make it a dependent variable in
the selection model, however stata will drop the variable due to
collinearity each time.

How can I use the heckman procedure in this case?

My model is

heckman cash fa age sex logfum, select(fa=age sex logfum) twostep

And the 'fa' variable keeps dropping.

Thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,