st: FW: Scientific Notation with svy

From   "Sabbatini, Amber" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: FW: Scientific Notation with svy
Date   Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:09:23 +0000

I am using HCUP data with survey weights to generate national estimates.
I have a dichotomous variable
admitted, which corresponds to being admitted to the hospital from the
emergency department.

Very simply, when I run the svy command >     svy: total admitted      >
the output is in scientific notation.

Survey: Total estimation

Number of strata =      77       Number of obs    =   22501784
Number of PSUs   =     961       Population size  =  101643816
                                 Design df        =        884

             |             Linearized
             |      Total   Std. Err.     [95% Conf. Interval]
    admitted |   1.87e+07   468977.5      1.78e+07    1.96e+07

I have tried placing ,format(%20.10f) on the end of the command, but I get
an error message that format is not allowed.  When I read info from STATA
about svy, it states that STATA will allow numbers to 99 trillion before
it will report in scientific notation,
 so I am not sure what is happening.  I am using STATA v.12

Any help to turn off the scientific notation would be great.

Amber Sabbatini, MD MPH
University of Michigan