Re: st: Stata 13 ships June 24

From   "Airey, David C" <david.airey@vanderbilt.edu>
To   "<statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 13 ships June 24
Date   Mon, 10 Jun 2013 05:48:21 +0000

Actually, was this fee option offered previously? I just assumed it was new, but maybe I am wrong. After re-reading the agreement, I understand it to mean that if Stata 14 is released within a maintenance fee period, then the fee pays for that upgrade. But you have to opt into the maintenance fee cycle at the beginning of your Stata purchase or upgrade. So if you opt in now, you would probably renew it in a year's time, and expect Stata 14 on your doorstep for no additional money than already paid out in maintenance fees? I'm assuming it is cheaper to do the fee if your academic work or business relies on Stata, and it is beneficial to Stata Corp because they know their future profits? Is that the idea? Anybody on the fee option between Stata 12 and 13 and was it economical?

Anyway, maybe this should have been under a different subject header!

Stata 13 looks great. Lots and lots of SEM and mixed model additions.

I was surprised by the .docx and .xlsx additions although that is nice too.

-Dave