RE: RE: st: Merging tables in outreg?

From   Sean Muller <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: RE: st: Merging tables in outreg?
Date   Wed, 29 May 2013 11:37:34 +0000

Thanks Kit. I do have the most recent version (i.e the -which- command produces the output you indicate).

I have also done some experimentation with uninstalling the outreg package and reinstalling different versions and then running my code.

The original merging error comes with sg97_4 after I have used outreg to create all my tables, but in later versions (sg97_5 via SJ or the more recent version via SSC) I get, when calling outreg or the first time, the "marginal estimates not found" error.

My own guess is that for some reason the fix for this bug, which was discussed in an earlier thread (5 September 2012) may only work for Stata12 but not Stata11. I have no idea why this is the case and have emailed John Gallup directly; I will post any resolution.

Incidentally, I have tried the above on two different computers running Stata/MP 11.2 in case something went wrong in the sequencing of updates on the first one, but the problem is the same on both. In the interim I will have to limit myself to PCs where I have access to Stata12..

Sean

Sean M. Muller
School of Economics
University of Cape Town

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] on behalf of Christopher Baum [[email protected]]
Sent: 29 May 2013 01:17 PM
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: RE: st: Merging tables in outreg?

On May 29, 2013, at 8:33 AM, Sean
 wrote:

> Thanks Kit. You are right, my outreg package was out of date (I thought sg97_4 was the recent release but that is actually sg97_5). Having run the update I now get a *different* error earlier in the process..

Do -which outreg-

If you don't get

*! Write formatted regression output to a text file
*! version 4.26  6may2013 by John Luke Gallup ([email protected])

then you do not have the most up-to-date version, which is available from SSC, not SJ.

Kit

 UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.