RE: st: Stata resources for newbie

From   Neophytos Stylianou <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata resources for newbie
Date   Tue, 28 May 2013 08:26:25 +0000

Just to add to this through my personal experience.

Nick is right.
Documentation is a very well place to begin with.

It gives you good basic understanding of the Stata.

It should be used as the first step to answer your question. If further explanation is needed with examples then there are several websites that provide more hands on explanations e.g. UCLA and Princeton websites.

Neo

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Maarten Buis
Sent: 28 May 2013 09:03
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Stata resources for newbie

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Home <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, sorry to be a pain but I didn't really understand this from Nick:
> "Should have been when the richest resource on the language is bundled within Stata."

The exact quote is:
"Numerous users seem to determined to slow themselves down by Googling everything when the richest resource is bundled on the language within Stata."

He means: when you want to know something about Stata ask Stata and not some other source. The pdf documentation is now included with Stata, and a good place to start is the Users' Guide. Just click on help and go to the pdf Documentation.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50