st: Partial F Test on a Multiple Imputed Set

From   Eduardo Moreira <>
Subject   st: Partial F Test on a Multiple Imputed Set
Date   Mon, 27 May 2013 17:09:40 +0200

Dear all,

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but I searched and couldn't find the answer to this question.

Say you want to compare 2 regression models on the same dependent variable Y. The second model contains 2 dummy variables, D1 and D2.

- Model A: Y = b0 + bX
- Model B: Y = b0 + bX + bD1 + bD2

usually what I would do is:

regress Y X D1 D2
test D1 + D2 == 0

So far, so good, right?

The problem I run into is when I try to do the same with a mulitple imputed set. I run the following commands:

mi estimate: regress Y X D1 D2
mi test D1 + D2 == 0

The regression works fine, but test part doesn't. It gives the following error message: "=exp not allowed".

Is there some way to perform this Partial F-test on a MI set?

Eduardo Moreira