Re: st: Fwd: Can I do a predication table after xtlogit?

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Fwd: Can I do a predication table after xtlogit?
Date   Mon, 27 May 2013 11:48:57 +0200

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Tracey West wrote:
> I know that I can do a predication table using the 'estat
> classification' after 'logit',
> but I can't find any information or user written commands to be able
> to do a predication table after xtlogit.

The problem is conceptual rather than technical. With -xtlogit- you
introduce a group level component that you do not model completely;
either you condition them out (fixed effects) or you represent them
with a distribution of possible values (random effects). However, the
predicted probabilities depend on this incompletely modelled
component, so that is a problem for a prediction table.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50
10785 Berlin