Re: st: group difference

From   David Hoaglin <>
Subject   Re: st: group difference
Date   Sun, 26 May 2013 16:05:04 -0400

Education level and gender composition seem very likely to be
categorical, and income may be categorical.  A t-test would usually
not be appropriate.

To make matters more interesting, the categories of education level
(and income, if categorical) are ordered.  The -ologit- command with
race/ethnicity as the predictor would be a good place to start.

David Hoaglin