st: Merging tables in outreg?

From   Sean Muller <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Merging tables in outreg?
Date   Sun, 26 May 2013 08:29:32 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to do something relatively simple in outreg and for some reason it is not working.

I have created three tables by appending results (derived using the margin command) within each. So I have stored: Table1, Table2 and Table3, all with the same number of rows and row titles. If I type 'replay Table1' I see exactly the results I want in the Stata window and the same for Table 2 and Table 3. Each of these is one column.

All I want to do is merge these so that I have one final table with Table1 in the first column, Table2 second column, Table3 as the third. The obvious code would seem to be some variation on:

outreg, replay(Table3) merge(Table2) replace
outreg, replay(Table2) merge(Table1) replace
outreg using "filename", replay(Table1) tex fragment

However, I get two different kinds of errors:
1. An error message after the first command: "option Table2 not allowed";

If instead I try the following command immediately after having created Table1 but not named it and finished creating and storing Table 2:

outreg, replay(Table2) merge

2. An error message: "can specify only one of merge, append, store, or replay options"

This second error message seems to contradict the advice given in an earlier thread (titled "Re: st: outreg: merging results from several regressions") that 'replay' can be used for merging, so I really don't know what to do.

Any advice/assistance would be appreciated. (I'm using Stata11 by the way, in case this is relevant, and outreg package sg97_4).

Sean

 UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity.