st: xtnbreg with random effects

From   louinord voltaire <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: xtnbreg with random effects
Date   Wed, 15 May 2013 01:22:24 +0200

Dear all

I hope that this message finds you well, and is not too trivial. I am running a negative binomial model with random effects. I tried to estimate the conditional mean using the command “predict mean, nu0” and I had the following message “warning: estimated value of r is less than one; expected value undefined”. What does that mean, please? How can I estimate this conditional mean? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Post-doctoral Researcher in Environmental Economics and Policy
UMR-AMURE (University of Brest)
12, Rue de Kergoat
29200 Brest
Tel: 00 (33) 02 98 01 70 87