Re: st: Re: Problem with variable names using Insheet

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Problem with variable names using Insheet
Date   Tue, 14 May 2013 13:53:59 +0100

I believe you on SAS practices, naturally.

In terms of Stata history, I think this could only be answered by Bill
Gould or another developer with a long memory. In the early days of
Stata, small changes such as minor new official commands were I think
often sparked by questions or ideas from users. Now the terrain has
shifted because it is easier to write what you want for oneself.