Re: st: scores

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: scores
Date   Sat, 11 May 2013 21:49:56 -0400

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Keniajin Wambui <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am using stata 12 on windows7 and I want to generate scores for a
> question with choices
> 0-never,
> 1-rarely,
> 2- sometimes,
> 3 -often ,
> 4-very often
>
> How do I go about it

Go about what? Is the data currently a string and you want to turn it
into those numbers? If that's it, start with -encode- to turn the text
into a numeric variable and then -recode- to put them in the proper
ordering.

--
JVVerkuilen, PhD
[email protected]

"They were careless people, Tom and Daisy - they smashed up things and
creatures and then retreated back into their money of their vast
carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let
other people clean up the mess they had made." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald