Re: st: xtset vs manual controlling for FE

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: xtset vs manual controlling for FE
Date   Fri, 10 May 2013 16:19:38 +0100

Your initial distinction doesn't make sense, at least not to me.

You can't run -xtreg- without a previous -xtset-.

Any -xtreg- results will depend on some previous -xtset-. Regardless
of whether you think you have specified -xtset-, Stata will remember
the last such setting, or complain if you have not -xtset-.

In order to pursue a comparison of results you need to check what is
the same and what is different.