Re: st: Concord - plottting problem

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: Concord - plottting problem
Date   Tue, 7 May 2013 08:49:32 +0100

That behaviour is wired into the code at present, although it could be changed.

I suppose showing the entire range could be justified as a feature
allowing  consistent comparison, but I have absolutely no recall of
whether that's my code or Thomas Steichen's or of whether it was
deliberate or an oversight. (-concord-'s first public appearance was
1998.) TJS = Thomas J. Steichen, twice retired, NJC = Nicholas J. Cox,
still responsible for this child.

There's a work-around.

levelsof site, local(sites)

foreach s of local sites {
        preserve
        keep if site == `s'
        concord <whatever>
        restore
}

A completely different comment is that with values like those given,
ranging from about 14 to 370, multiplicative comparisons may be in
order, i.e. compare ln(x1) and ln(x2) as well.

Nick
njcoxstata@gmail.com