st: Putting a multivariate normal draw into a matrix?

From   Nick Chandler-Klein <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Putting a multivariate normal draw into a matrix?
Date   Mon, 6 May 2013 23:33:57 -0700

I'm trying to make a draw from a non-orthogonal multivariate normal
distribution and use that draw as starting values for a ml routine,
which means I need the draw to be in matrix form. Is there a way to do

rnormal only seems to accept orthogonal distributions, and drawnorm
generates variables instead of a matrix. I suppose worst case I can
use drawnorm and feed the results one-by-one into a matrix but I'm
hoping for something more general purpose.