Re: st: stata files which can only be read on some platforms

Subject   Re: st: stata files which can only be read on some platforms
Date   Mon, 6 May 2013 16:21:30 -0400

Dear Kevin,

I would be very interested to see these files. If this is not
possible, could you check if our ADePT product also complains on
invalid file format? (Windows only platform).

www.worldbank.org/adept

In any module, e.g. poverty click the <Add> botton on the form, then
if loads without an error, <Browse> and check if you see the same
content as in Stata 12.0.

I would also be interested (if possible) to know the producing engine
for those files. If sharing the data is not possible, would it be
feasible to obtain the hexdump of the header info only? (see help
hexdump)

Thank you,
      Sergiy Radyakin

PS: question for StataCorp: it seems from the message quoted above
that storage type 0 would be tolerated. What is the behavior of Stata
when it encounters such a code in the variable types header?