Re: st: -translate- graph into jpeg png or gif

Subject   Re: st: -translate- graph into jpeg png or gif
Date   Mon, 6 May 2013 16:10:35 -0400

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 6:18 AM, Charles Vellutini
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I run Stata 12.1 64 bits on a Windows Server 2008 R2.
>
> I would like to convert a .gph graph saved on disk into either a .jpeg, .png  or .gif file. I cannot use the -graph export- command, because it requires the graph to be displayed first, which won't work for us (for reasons unimportant here).

Charles, If these reasons are important however, this sounds like a
job for another product called "Numerics By Stata", which allows
producing graphs with Stata code and without showing them on the
screen.

Here is a link to the product page:
http://www.stata.com/products/numerics-by-stata/

Numerics by Stata is used in ADePT:
http://www.worldbank.org/adept

(some modules are producing Excel-editable graphs now, but e.g. the
'Education' module as of today is still using Stata's graphs).

If this appears like something close to what you intend to be doing,
contact StataCorp for a quote.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin