st: censored Data, QUAIDS

From   "Aepli Matteo" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: censored Data, QUAIDS
Date   Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:36:42 +0000

Dear All

I'm using Swiss household data to estimate a QUAIDS on a disaggretaged leve= l for several food products. I often work with R. But R is not very suitabl= e to estimate a QUAIDS. I try to do it with Stata. I already have some experience with the quaids command of Poi, but there is=  -as far as I know - no possibility to estimate a demand system with censor= ed data. There are several approaches to overcome this problem (e.g. Shonkw= iler and Yen (1999)). Does anybody has an idea how to extend the quaids or = nlsur to estimate a nonlinear simultaneous equation system with censored da= ta?

Many thanks!!