st: MI Number of datasets issue

From   Afshin <>
To   <>
Subject   st: MI Number of datasets issue
Date   Mon, 29 Apr 2013 12:32:44 +0100

Dear All,

I am using the MI suite to impute individual data across 3 waves of data collection. My sample size is about 18,000. Ideally I am hoping to impute 25 datasets, but STATA will produce an error or not reach concavity somewhere in the 3rd dataset. So I am imputing 2 datasets at a time. Although, sometimes it will only impute 1 dataset and then produce an error in the 2nd. I assumed that each imputation is unaffected by the previous dataset imputed and the subsequent dataset imputed, so I was going to use 'mi add' to put all the mini datasets together to reach 25.

Is there something horribly wrong with my imputation, or something I'm missing I should be doing? Any advice would be most helpful!

Afshin Zilanawala, PhD
Research Department of Epidemiology and Public Health
University College London
1-19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 7HB
+44 (0)20 7679 1795