st: collinearity in categorical variables

From   "Mitchell F. Berman" <mfb1@columbia.edu>
To   Stata List Server <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: collinearity in categorical variables
Date   Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:17:09 -0400

Stata Users:

We are working on a logistic regression model with both continuous and categorical independent variables.

I'm familiar with collin to generate VIF and condition index. But my impression and information on the internet suggests that collin is not appropriate for categorical variables.

What would people use to evaluate collinearity (probably not the correct term in this case) for categorical variables.

Some people have referenced a Stata module called perturb by John Hendrickx. But I don't know that this has been vetted by the Stata community or statistical community in general. And I've not been able to locate a functioning download site for perturb.

Thanks in advance.

Mitchell

PS-- sorry for my erroneous initial posting.