st: FW: vecrank yields "too many literals" error in small Stata

From   Stephen Younger <syounger@ithaca.edu>
Subject   st: FW: vecrank yields "too many literals" error in small Stata
Date   Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:26:54 +0000

Hi,

I ran an example of vecrank for my students with 3 variables and 150 observations. Everything worked fine with either Stata/IC or Stata/MP. But when my students, using small Stata, run the same command, they get the "too many literals" error, r130. I'm not sure what's going on inside vecrank, but would appreciate knowing about a work around.

Thanks,

Stephen D. Younger
Scholar in Residence
Dept. of Economics