Re: st: copying contents form existing to new variable

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: copying contents form existing to new variable
Date   Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:20:03 +0100

This could be as simple as your new variable not inheriting the value
labels of the -encode-d variable. (Have a look at -clonevar-.)

Otherwise, we need more evidence. What you do mean by the contents
changing? Show us the results of

. describe var1 var2
. su var1 var2
. list var1 var2 if var1 != var2        [example at least]