st: clustering sequences - problem with cluster and clustermat

From   "BUSSI, Margherita" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: clustering sequences - problem with cluster and clustermat
Date   Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:36:37 +0000

Dear all,

I've done a sequence analysis based with subcost based on the means of transitions between states.
I've got a new variable that it not a dissimilarity matrix (as I wrongly? expected)
I tried to operate a cluster analysis but I got this message:

Cluster medianlinkage meanprob
cluster name: _clus_1
insufficient memory for  ClusterMatrix

What memory is stata talking about? Storing? Running memory? And why Clustermatrix if when I give the command "clustermat" it does not find the matrix?

if I ask
. cluster  singlelinkage meanprob
It runs forever...
(I've 3700 observations)

Does anyone have an idea how to solve it or where is my mistake?

Thanks a lot in advance