st: xsmle error

From   Oana Mihaescu <>
Subject   st: xsmle error
Date   Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:27:38 +0200

Dear Stata users,

I want to use xsmle in my analysis but I get an error I don't know how to
handle:  "<istmt>: 3499 _InIt_OpTiMiZaTiOn_xsmle() not found".

Has anybody used this command before and may have any advice? Everything
else works fine - creating the weight matrix, etc., until I try to actually
run the xsmle command, when I get the above mentioned error.

Thank you,