Re: st: tsfill

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: tsfill
Date   Sat, 13 Apr 2013 00:12:17 +0100

Your -tsset- is the wrong way round. You should specify the panel
identifier first.

But why did your command work even though it was the wrong way round?
Going through your example, there was no expansion as far as -tsfill-
is concerned you had nothing to fill in. That is, you specified

1. Four distinct numeric identifiers (that's fine).

2. For each panel, a panel of length one starting on day 1, namely 2
January 1960 (that's fine too).

So, no gaps, and thus no expansion.

-tsset- doesn't check the formats of the variables specified. That's
at choice and not fundamental.

Odd, but true.