st: Windows Environment Variable from the local system when running Stata via RemoteApp

From   Jean-François Morazzani <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Windows Environment Variable from the local system when running Stata via RemoteApp
Date   Fri, 12 Apr 2013 17:43:08 +0000

Dear  statalist,

I've already posted this question at the beginning of the week, but I did not get any answer. So I'm trying one more time with a little bit more details. Hopefully someone will be able to answer me.

I'm using Stata/Mp on my machine via the RemoteApp feature from Windows, which means that Stata is in fact running on our server (and therefore using the Server's resources).
But I want to use the Environment Variables that I set on my Windows machine.

For example if I create the following Environment Variable on my machine : USER_HOME = "c:\JohnDoe"
And use a Stata script to display the the content of that Environment Variable:
local x : env USER_HOME
display `USER_HOME'

I will get an empty result.

Now if I create the same Environment Variable on the Server machine : USER_HOME = "c:\JohnSmith"
And I run again the script, I will get the following display's output: " c:\JohnSmith "

Does anyone know the correct command to fetch the Environment Variable from my machine and not the Server's one ?

I would like to use the Environment Variable of the user's machine, because we are several users in my organisation that are running specific scripts on their machine (via the RemoteApp) and they all have different home folder.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

JFM