Re: st: Problems with the version control

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Problems with the version control
Date   Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:32:02 +0100

Because -version- is not a time machine. -version- sets the clock back
in terms of behaviour that you might have good reason for wanting, and
StataCorp agrees with you; it doesn't reverse bug fixes or what
StataCorp regards as improvements.

The help at -version- tells you exactly what -version- does, and the
executive summary is

(a) exactly what it says there, and no more
(b) so, less than you might think

There is a fuller story at

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/programming/user-written-programs-and-stata-version/

The question in that FAQ is not your question, but that is a more
discursive account which might be helpful.

Otherwise put, if you want exactly what 9.2 did, using Stata 9.2 is
the only way to guarantee that.