re: Re: st: where's the code for -total- ?

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <ariel.linden@gmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   re: Re: st: where's the code for -total- ?
Date   Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:20:33 -0400

I tried this approach before my posting. I could not find the source code in
_svy_summarize and that's when I called in the troops. Apparently others
(who much smarter than me) couldn't follow the trail to the source either.
It makes me feel better on the one hand, but it still leaves me in search of
the code...

Thanks all!

Ariel

Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 08:50:32 +0100
From: Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: st: where's the code for -total- ?

My message is more positive.

. which _svy_summarize

will tell you where the source code is. If it's an ado file,

. viewsource  _svy_summarize.adp

will show you inside. See also

SJ-6-1  pr0022  . . . . . . . . . . . Stata tip 30: May the source be with
you
Cox
        Q1/06   SJ 6(1):149--150                                 (no
commands)
        tip for using viewsource to locate and view source
        code or text files

Nick
njcoxstata@gmail.com