[no subject]

I don't know what this means.

To Jeph, as stated it is indeed a fixed effects model. Stata
automatically removes groups that have only positive or negative
values, e.g.:
      note: 5 groups (344 obs) dropped because of all positive or
      all negative outcomes.

Could you elaborate on what exactly you mean with panel level
variables, please? I don't want to respond based on somewhat different
interpretations.

To Maarten, thanks for making clear that the problem is not in the
double precision. It looks like xtdata got me on the wrong path.

I have been working on this problem for over a week now, and I hope
that we can get it solved together.

Thanks again. I am looking forward to your insights.

Tom