st: quasi-GLS

From   Wu Zhang <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: quasi-GLS
Date   Tue, 2 Apr 2013 10:15:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, folks,

    I would like to do the following GLS for a cross sectional data: y=beta*x+e

1. I assume the covariance matrix of the error term, e, is omg is exchangeable with parameter rou up to order of 500;

2. Use the omg matrix to do GLS; since both beta and rou are unknow, this is not the usual GLS, I call it "quasi-GLS"

Could someone give me some help about how to implement it in STATA?