Re: st: xtlogit: panel data transformation's recast to double makes model incomputable

Subject   Re: st: xtlogit: panel data transformation's recast to double makes model incomputable
Date   Tue, 2 Apr 2013 08:28:55 -0400

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Tom <tommedema@gmail.com> wrote:

> Insofar noone has explained why the computation is unsuccessful. It'd
> be especially helpful if someone could explain why less precision
> would allow the maximizer to do it's job.

Well I don't know but one direction to check is that that is a huge
dataset. So try randomly subsampling down to, say 10% and see if that
works. Maybe you're running into some weird memory or matrix size
problem. Usually Stata would appropriately whine, but who knows.