Re: st: Auto-collapse all "quietly" blocks in .do file

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Auto-collapse all "quietly" blocks in .do file
Date   Tue, 2 Apr 2013 12:16:11 +0200

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Philip Longoni wrote:
> I use the "quietly" command not only to hide output, but also to structure my .do file, due to its size (>1200 lines).
> I would like to open my .do file and see all "quietly" blocks collapsed. However, whenever I re-open my .do file in the editor, all "quietly" blocks are expanded by default, as if I had clicked all the [+] fields on the left hand side in the editor.
> Is there a way to tell Stata to collapse all blocks at once, and to do so automatically when opening a file?

I don't think so.

The way I would tackle such a problem is to split the .do file up into
different do files. You can execute a do file quitely from another do
file by adding the line -run <dofilename>-.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Reichpietschufer 50
10785 Berlin