st: Auto-collapse all "quietly" blocks in .do file

From   Philip Longoni <>
Subject   st: Auto-collapse all "quietly" blocks in .do file
Date   Mon, 1 Apr 2013 21:14:30 +0000

Dear Statalist subscribers,

I use the "quietly" command not only to hide output, but also to structure my .do file, due to its size (>1200 lines).

I would like to open my .do file and see all "quietly" blocks collapsed. However, whenever I re-open my .do file in the editor, all "quietly" blocks are expanded by default, as if I had clicked all the [+] fields on the left hand side in the editor.

Is there a way to tell Stata to collapse all blocks at once, and to do so automatically when opening a file?

Best regards,

Philip Longoni