Re: st: Plotting results from Cox regression with a time-varying covariate

From   Adam Olszewski <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Plotting results from Cox regression with a time-varying covariate
Date   Mon, 1 Apr 2013 18:08:22 -0400

I would suggest using a flexible parametric model (-stpm2- command, available from SSC), which can predict survival from the model easily and is not scared of interactions with time. The regression coefficients will be likely close to identical to your Cox model.
You will obviously need to specify the values of all covariates to do a specific prediction, though you can also play with the meansurv option which will calculate an "average" curve for your population.
stpm2 has a little learning curve to it, which pays off with a dramatically richer survival analysis, particularly for large epidemiological datasets.
AO

Sent from my iPhone