Re: st: How to put max and min values in a loop

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: How to put max and min values in a loop
Date   Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:22:47 +0100

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Xixi Lin wrote:
> I am trying to use inlist(var, min(var), max(var)) in a loop; however,
> min(var) and max(var) seems to be wrong codes, does anyone know how to
> code it in a right way?

If we take your question literally, the answer is:
sum var, meanonly
... inlist(var,r(min), r(max))

this can be done in one line:
... !missing(var)