Re: st: equivalence of log-logistic survival estimation with gllamm

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: equivalence of log-logistic survival estimation with gllamm
Date   Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:11:13 +0000

This was within Section 12(3) of

Fisher, R.A. 1922.
On the mathematical foundations of theoretical statistics.
Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London. Series A
222: 309-368

Various copies accessible online e.g.

but I got the story from

McCullagh, P. and Nelder, J.A. 1989. Generalized linear models.
London: Chapman and Hall, pp.11-12.

(Resist the mutant citation
On the theoretical foundations of mathematical statistics.
It makes equal sense, but it wasn't Fisher's title.)