Re: st: Twoway graph question

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Twoway graph question
Date   Tue, 26 Mar 2013 17:05:03 +0000

. search cui, author sj

to get a link to the PDF of a paper by James Cui explaining how to offset bars. The rest is a variation on

. twoway bar y1 t1 || bar y2 t2

On 26 Mar 2013, at 16:41, Rohit Sonika <> wrote:

Hi Statalist,

I have a query concerning graph based on three variables. The variables I am using are as follows:

timetoev1: continuous variable counting a time to or from event 1.

timetoev2: continuous variable counting a time to or from event 2.

return: variable of stock return during the event time in question.

Here is my question: I am able to graph return with respect to each event independently as follows:

twoway bar return timetoev1
twoway bar return timetoev2

However, given that both the event variables are in event time, I would like to see an overall of returns around the two event variables in a single graph with event time in x-axis and returns around each event in y-axis (hence two bars for each event time). Is there a convenient way to accomplish this?